In today’s digital world where almost everyone wants to have an online presence, it seems quite challenging for most of the users to catch up with the SEO trends and fix accordingly.
Which can lead us to bad impacts, like
- Poor user experience,
- Dragging speed of webpages
- Poor conversions
- Lower rankings on search results.
Business owners who are getting good sales and revenue are certainly making the tweaks according to the time and customer demand which is a good practice.
While others are lacking interest, efforts, and time to set their business websites according to SEO guidelines, thus failing to improve their website rankings and achieving desired results.
Further down, we are going to discuss 5 SEO mistakes that lead our business website to drown
5 SEO mistakes that lead our business website to drown
1. Poor backlinks
Many of the webmasters choose link quantity over link quality, which is a wrong practice.
One Strong backlink is better than 1000 low-quality directory links, No doubt they are harder to get, but this is the reason why search engine trusts them.
Few things to be considered while taking a backlink:
- First of all, we need to make sure to check the domain authority of the website we are going to get the backlink from.
- Get backlinks that are relevant to our niche and Industry
- Avoid if the website contains adult, gambling, pharmacy links.
It’s a crucial overall factor of any website, which tells us how good is the website in the eyes of search engine result pages (SERPs)? Especially when comparing.
According to MOZ “it’s an overall metric measured from 0-100”.
Domain authority consists of a long process of building, monitoring, making adjustments, and maintaining it.
Domain authority and ranking on SERPs grow simultaneously, thus high domain authority (DA) means a better ranking on search engine results pages.
The leading experts suggest using a DA and PA checker, before finalizing to get any backlink. We should always opt for a high DA website backlink.
On top of it, it’s a good indicator to measure the quality of a website in the eyes of Search engines.
It’s another important factor when choosing external backlinks from other websites.
Most of the websites have few or more harmful links pointing at them which makes a website look spammy, according to MOZ there are 17 different flags and each one of them increases the chances of running into a spammy website.
It’s a calculated metric that checks how much a website is falling under the red flags which should be avoided.
Below 10 percent score is a good average spam score.
2. Poor page speed
How many times have we left a website that takes more than 10 seconds to load a webpage?
Surely, many times.
In today’s fast-paced world, speed matters a lot. No one has time to waste and stick around one thing especially when we are searching for something on the Internet.
Not only Google but also our users want the best experience while visiting our website, and speed is the crucial element.
The speed of a website is dragged or slowed down due to several reasons, few of them are explained below.
- The server is too busy to response instantly
- Additional plugins, elements, pages, or pictures are dragging the speed
- Images are not optimized to upload quickly
- Poor content delivery network
If our website is not responding quickly, for sure we will lose out visitors and neither will they recommend our website to any of their surroundings.
The experts recommend optimizing our website speed by minifying the images while maintaining the pixel and color quality, such as we can use TinyPNG.
Remove additional plugins that are rendering the speed of our website.
Use the Google speed checker tool to measure the speed and fix the errors accordingly.
3. Poor content
Business owners already have a lot of things to look after, so they just ignore the fact of giving their audience high-quality content.
Yes, to keep engaging our audience we need to publish a large quantity of content, but that doesn’t means publishing poor content.
We need to align our content strategy in the right direction, most of the business owners prefer either the low paying writers or use article spinners to upload a large quantity of content.
Why is this not a good approach?
Yes, it might be well optimized, but it can be a down falling impression for our visitors.
The audience knows whether the content is new or old, good or bad, engaging, and unique, or just boring to read.
As a result, we will lose trust and find it very difficult to convert our visitors into customers.
A good practice is to hire content writers that can produce original and high-quality content for our business and audience, it can be costly but it’s worth the results.
After all, content is the heart of our website.
4. Poor user experience
How soothing it’s to our eyes when we see a blog or a website using colors, pictures, and themes according to our expectations, what’s next?
We get fascinated by the website and enjoy reading the content.
As we all know Google uses AI along with different algorithms to rank our website on SERPs.
The rank brain is the major algorithm which is set automatically to scan our website to know what we are posting.
After scanning our website the algorithm knows what our website is talking about, it ranks our website according to the compatibility of the Google ranking guidelines.
Some of the factors that are involved in ranking while measuring the user experience:
- Dwell time- is the time a user spends on any website, High dwell time means a good website
- Bounce rate- is the overall conversion rate measured in numeric form, how fast or slow a user switches away from any website? As much as low is the bounce rate of a website, it’s a good signal for higher rankings
- CTR- Click-through rate is the ratio of users click any website compared to the impression the same website gets on SERPs.
The best practices are as such:
- Create a friendly layout according to our niche
- Easy navigation from any webpage to the home page
- Links from one article to different articles
- Use beautiful colors
- Nice background themes
- High-quality pictures and videos to enhance the user experience.
5. SEO optimized website
We all expect to be in the top position of the SERPs, whenever a user searches a query on the search console bar relevant to our niche, don’t you think we should be at the top of the results?
Sure, we can achieve the target, but for that, we need to optimize our website according to the SEO guidelines of the search engine.
Well to go in deep there a lot of things involved in SEO of a website, we will discuss it in our next article, but for now, only a few of those factors are being discussed here as given below:
- Adding graphics and links to our content– content with info graphics, pictures, statistics, bars, and links shows that the content is well researched and of highly valuable information.
- Research properly on keywords and insert accordingly- our websites are ranked and shown to the users based on keywords, so properly research but avoid keyword stuffing.
- Adding Meta descriptions and title tags- every page and pictures should have a unique title, Meta descriptions are a brief description of our content that tells the search engine what our content is all about.
- Use different anchor text for every link- using the same anchor text for every page will look alike we are bluffing the visitors, so we should use several anchor text or even URL sometimes which will give a natural look.
Above given key points are the SEO mistakes which often business owners ignore, but in today’s tough competition era, even a small hole in our ship can drown our whole ship.