The Three Important Social Media Sites
The Internet hosts many small businesses and some of them fail within the first few months. Part of the failure may because they did not utilize the best marketing tools available to them, which is Social Media platforms. A small business can increase traffic to their website and keep it coming when they put in the time and effort to cultivate the social media platforms that are available to them. There are great web marketing solutions available for you if you will take advantage of them. Below are several of the social media platforms you may know about but aren’t using them to your advantage.
#1 – Facebook
Facebook is the preferred social media site by most small online business owners. The reason is that Facebook provides a small business with the following advantages:
- You can use Facebook to put pictures of your product with embedded links back to your own website. Of course, you’ll also want to include some text explaining about the product and use keywords that are helpful for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Facebook is a great choice to keep in contact with your customers and potential customers through online chat, email, or even phone. Be sure to include the company’s correct contact information, there are no numbers transposed in the telephone number, make sure the street and city are spelled correctly, so there is no chance of a doubt for potential customers who what to reach out.
- Articles that are written on your website and at “Farms” will surface on your Facebook account and will guide traffic back to your own website. You do, of course, want to be sure the articles on your website are accurate, helpful, and provide value to customers and potential customers.
- Facebook is a leading social media site that is used by many people all over the world. Even though you are a small business, depending upon your service or products, they may be just what someone in a foreign country needs. Facebook is a platform that can reach outside of your own country because so many people use it and share information they see on it.
- Facebook provides you with a way to advertise your product engaging even more customers. You do want to be strategic when using the advertisement on Facebook. Learn the ins and outs before creating your first Facebook ad. It is better to be sure you know the costs and benefits of the advertising system rather than jumping in and wasting money.
- Search engines notice your online presence when you are active on Facebook. You may notice that some of your content is moved to a higher position on the search engine results.
- Facebook is also an easy way to provide customer support, allowing small businesses to respond quickly to queries, and to resolve concerns or problems regarding their products or service. Remember, if someone has a critique, it is better to deal with them directly rather than letting them share their concerns without a response.
#2 – Twitter
Twitter has become a phenomenal way to get attention all around the world. The search engines notice your Tweets and your retweets. In the beginning, Twitter users were allowed to use no more than 140 characters on their ‘tweets.’ Many companies felt they couldn’t effectively communicate what they wanted in so few characters. In 2018, Twitter increased the minimum characters to 280. They also changed whether emojis and links were counted in the character count.
- The articles written for your own website are often put into your Twitter site. Use a short ‘tweet’ to give those following you the title, a short description, and the link. If possible, you may also want to include a photo since many people who are on Twitter are visually attracted to photos.
- There are widgets which allow you to have the first 120 characters of your articles and blogs put on your Twitter account in order to attract traffic back to your website. If someone is interested in what they see, they’ll click through to keep reading.
- Many people enjoy using Twitter because they can speak their mind. This is often good for business and you can use the retweets on your website. Be aware, however, that speaking your mind can also have a negative effect on businesses as well as individuals.
#3 – LinkedIn
- LinkedIn is used to communicate with other business owners in your own marketing niche. It can also be a great way to connect with others in the same field, as well as other fields, as your company including those who may want to do business with your company.
- LinkedIn is a way to share information and website links. If your company has a new product, LinkedIn is the perfect place to share it.
- LinkedIn is known as the business-to-business website to help increase traffic.
- LinkedIn is also the place to advertise any job openings at your company.