Desk lamps are important home office furniture that offers excellent lighting for desk activities. They come in numerous styles, modes, heights, and angles to suit work and personal needs.
The best desk lamps for the eyes provide dimmable illumination in adjustable height and light angle for a reasonable price.
How Do You Choose for the Best Eye Protection Lamp?
Choosing a desk lamp may be personalized, as people have different requirements depending on activities or lighting needs.
Here are the aspects you can consider in choosing the best eye protection lamp suited for you:
Light and Range
Choose lamps that emit bright and clear lights with zero flicker and glares. Their lights should have multiple options for brightness and color to maximize illumination.
Lamp Size and Position
Choose the lamp size that matches the length of your desk. Small desk lamps with a short base are preferred for smaller desks.
As for position, place your light at the side opposite your dominant hand (e.g., left-sided lamp for right-handed individuals). It prevents casting shadows that can interrupt your desk work.
Height and Adjustability
Choose lamp depending on work and personal activities and needs. Just ensure that the lamp’s height and angle are adjustable enough to meet desk lighting needs.
Always check the sturdiness of lamp with the preferred desk placement to prolong its use.
In choosing a Great Desk Lamp why choose LED desk lamp?
LED lights last longer than any other traditional lights. LED lights have an outstanding operational lifetime. A LED lamp can last 30,000 hours to 50,000 hours.
A 50,000 hours rated LED can last,50 times longer than a typical Incandescent, 20 to 25 times longer than a typical Halogen, 8 to 10 times longer than a typical CFL.
They don’t have any Filament, nothing to change or alter.Even, frequent use of switching on and off has no impact on the service life.
An LED Desk lamp mostly built with plastic or aluminum. No glass or ceramic is used on the lamp.
LED lights mainly designed for efficiency and it consumes less energy. It’s not expensive and also available at low rates.
They require less electricity to operate. LED lamps reduce the labor cost and maintenance cost in commercial situations as they don’t need to replace the bulbs.
LED lamp emits light in a specific direction, while the other bulbs emit light and heat in all directions. There’s no strike delay and produce maximum brightness instantly when switched on.
No UV Emissions
LED lights do not use Lead and Mercury like other standard bulbs. It produces less carbon than older bulbs. Using a LED lamp is more safe and better for the environment.
LED lights do not emit UV or infrared. Even, the LED doesn’t have the fragile hazardous filament. So it is safe for health.
Generate less heat
LED produce very less heat compared to other bulbs. If you have to work for a long time beneath a lamp with a traditional bulb, you may feel headache or issues in your eyes because of the heat generated by the light.
Unique and awesome design options
Led desk lamps are available in a wide range of styles, colors, and designs. There is a freedom to find the perfect style for your needs. It will fit nearly anywhere in the room and enhance the home decorative style.
An LED desk lamp gives very bright and clear light in a single direction, which helps to improve visual accuracy.
They provide whitish color light similar to daylight, which is better than any traditional desk lamp.
Dimmers control the light intensity and instantly change the light brightness level. Now-a-days most of the modern desk lamps have the dimmable feature.
Strength and durability are the most common characteristics of Led lights.
Though, they are not unbreakable. But, they are a lot tougher than any other lights.
You can place it anywhere in your room
A desk lamp is designed in such a way that it can be used everywhere in your room.
Most of the lamps are designed with flexible and adjustable necks. Because of the multi-directional base and adjustable necks, easily you can change the lighting direction, height and point the light exactly where you need it most.
Bizyell.com checked on pages in the internet that offered review on the best desk lamp in the market to date, we will present their 3 best choices and why.
The Autonomous presented their 15 Best Desk Lamps for the Eyes in 2022 (Avoid Strain) and their 3 best choices are
1. Autonomous LED Desk Lamp- a wonderful tool for anyone looking for an effective and economical solution for their home or business. It is designed for optimum flexibility, use, and adaptation.
With a very broad 31.5-inch LED light bar for full desk coverage and a rotating and bending neck that allows to spotlight work in the right position, this adjustable LED desk lamp is elegant and simple. It also has four temperature settings and five brightness levels.
2. The Autonomous Light Bar is a great way to brighten up your desk. You can set this light bar behind your monitor lamp and adjust it to get the correct light angle because it has a sleek design and takes up less space on your desk. Overall, the light is made to provide you with the best possible working environment
3. Oculamp by Ocushield- this eye friendly lamp decreases blue light to a safe level, which has been found to help with sleep, headaches, dry eyes, and poor vision. The bulb intensity can be changed, as well as three distinct color settings for different times of the day with the touchpad. A chilly white for the morning, a neutral white for the afternoon, and a warm white for the evening are all options.
Meanwhile engadget tested at least 15 desk lamp and their top 3 choices are:
1. The TaoTronics LED Eye-caring Table Lamp (TT-DL13) is the best lamp for most tasks that require focused light. It has the most brightness levels, color temperatures, and adjustability for customizing your lighting, and its light panel has the least glare.
The TaoTronics LED Eye-caring Desk Lamp (TT-DL13) has seven brightness levels, with the top level more than bright enough for typical desk tasks; yet no matter how you position the lamp, its frosted panel prevents glare—other, pricier lamps created annoying reflections or bright points of light. It also has one of the most intuitive control panels and its slim, unassuming shape looks good on a desk or a nightstand.
2. The Fully Lumen LED Desk Lamp is virtually identical to our top pick—the only difference besides branding is that the Fully weighs a half pound more. But it’s more than double the price of the top pick when purchased on its own.
3. The IKEA Forså is a classic architect-style lamp with a replaceable bulb that you can swap if you want a different light temperature or color. It’s also the most adjustable lamp tested, and it’s available in more colors. Its classic style may work better with different design schemes if you’re not into the sleek, modern look of most LED desk lamps.
Reactual also presented their Best LED Desk Lamps and their top 3 choices are:
Best Design: The Z-Bar Mini LED Desk Lamp
The slender Z-Bar High Power LED Desk Lamp features high-tech power-saving LED bulbs in a minimalist frame.
Best Overall: Lumiy Lightblade 1500S
If you find your desk lamp’s brightness underwhelming, buy a Lightblade and let there be light. This is the LED desk lamp for those who want only the brightest crispest replica of perfect natural light. With 1100 lux of brightness and a high CRI, the Lightblade can transform even the dreariest space into a warm and bright zone of productivity.
Best Value: TaoTronics Smart LED Desk Lamp
The TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp is perfect for those who want bright light at an affordable price. 30 dollars gets you 410 lumens of power and up to 11 levels of brightness, perfect for any setting. The best feature of this lamp is its versatility.
The Business Insider India said that there are dozens of different desk lamps to choose from in all kinds of styles, but the Lumiy Lightblade 1500S desk lamp is the best one you can buy to light workspace in style.
And lastly angelagiles presented their own list of 9 best desk lamp for eye strain and their top 3 choices are:
1. TAOTRONICS TT-DL16 METAL DESK LAMP – BEST DESKTOP LAMP FOR HOME OFFICE
Taotronics metal desk lamp is the top choice for desk table lamps furnished in-home office setup. Its sleek modern design with multiple adjustable warmth and brightness options ranked a near-perfect review score.
2. BENQ GENIE E-READING LIGHT – BEST TABLE READING DESK LAMP
BenQ Genie E-reading light is an innovative LED desk lamp that can accommodate different room atmospheres. It is due to its adjustable brightness and color temperature knob.
The crescent head enables the soft lighting of one’s desk. It facilitates reading and other detail-oriented desk jobs, as well as increasing the lighting area.
3. LAMPAT LED DESK LAMP – AMAZON’S BEST DIMMABLE DESK LAMP FOR STUDYING
Lampat LED Desk Lamp to date has the highest-reviewed desk lamp customers have ever rated. It has a dimmable LED light combined with various brightness and lighting modes that are eye-friendly for work, studying, relaxing, and sleeping.
It is also cheap enough without sacrificing light quality and modern design.